The Structural Engineering Division of KEL in its Mamala Unit, specializes in the design, fabrication and commissioning of hydraulic gates and hoists and their controlling equipment used in dams for power and irrigation projects. Many such projects have been successfully executed, by this division on a turnkey basis, all over India.
The KEL structural division, with a capacity of 1200 MT per annum undertakes the design and construction of steel bridges, factory buildings, storage tanks, fabrication of pressure vessels and other industrial steel structures, as per customer specification. For the Railways, KEL undertakes the fabrication and manufacture of bogie frames, bogie bolster, head stocks for railway coaches and wagons.
Main activities of Structural Division
- Design and Execution of Hydro Mechanical Equipments such as gates, hoist, penstock, pipes
- Manufacture and supply of bogie frames, bogie bolsters, and head stocks for railway coaches and wagons.
- Design and Construction of Lattice Bridge
- Foot Bridge for Pedestrian
- Light and Medium Vehicular Traffic Bridges
- Design and Construction of Suspension Bridge
- Steel Column Bridge
- Single Concrete Column Bridge
- Double Concrete Column Bridge
- Space Frame Bridge
- Cable Stayed Bridge
Major Projects Undertaken
- Fabrication, supply, installation and commissioning of Automatic Tilting Gates, Hydraulic gates , Penstocks Draft Tube Gates at various dam projects at Karnataka Neeravari Nigam Ltd , Karnataka Power Corp. Ltd. worth of 16.11 crores
- Fabrication, supply, installation and commissioning of Penstocks ,Draft tubes Brindavan Hydro Power Pvt. Ltd., Shimoga
- Bogie frames and Bolsters for BEML, EMU Coaches for ICF
- Industrial and Commercial Building works for Textile Mill at Kuttipuram, Chemi-Mech. Plant for HNL Ltd. NCRMI, Traco Cables Co., KELEdarikode and Mamala Worth Rs. 20 Crores
- Suspension bridges for Revenue Dept & Tourism Dept, Government of Kerala worth Rs. 41 Crores
- Lattice bridges for Revenue Dept & Tourism Dept, Government of Kerala worth Rs. 17 Crores
- Renovation of Tourism Centers for Tourism Dept, Government of Kerala worth Rs.3 Crores
- On line examination Centers for Public Service Commission at Ernakulam, Thiruvananthapuram, Pathanamthitta, Kozhikode and Kasarkode for Government of Kerala worth Rs. 13 Crores.