The Structural Engineering Division of KEL in its Mamala Unit, specializes in the design, fabrication and commissioning of hydraulic gates and hoists and their controlling equipment used in dams for power and irrigation projects. Many such projects have been successfully executed, by this division on a turnkey basis, all over India.
The KEL structural division, with a capacity of 1200 MT per annum undertakes the design and construction of steel bridges, factory buildings, storage tanks, fabrication of pressure vessels and other industrial steel structures, as per customer specification. For the Railways, KEL undertakes the fabrication and manufacture of bogie frames, bogie bolster, head stocks for railway coaches and wagons.
Main activities of Structural Division
- Design and Execution of Hydro Mechanical Equipments such as gates, hoist, penstock, pipes
- Manufacture and supply of bogie frames, bogie bolsters, and head stocks for railway coaches and wagons.
- Design and Construction of Lattice Bridge
- Foot Bridge for Pedestrian
- Light and Medium Vehicular Traffic
- Design and Construction of Suspension Bridge
- Steel Column Bridge
- Single Concrete Column Bridge
- Double Concrete Column Bridge
- Space Frame Bridge
- Cable Stayed Bridge
Major Projects Undertaken
Gerusoppa Dam, Karnataka for Karnataka Power Corp. Ltd.
Hydro-mechanical works – Penstock, stoplog gate, gantry crane, hoist
Upper Tunga, Karnataka for Karnataka Neeravari Nigam Ltd.
Radial gates, rope drum hoists, stoplog gate, gantry crane
Mansi Wakal, Udaipur, Rajasthan for ITD Cementation India Ltd.
Radial gates, vertical gates, stoplog gate, hoists
Narmada Project for J P Associates
Bogie frames for BFAT Wagons for BEML
Bogie frames for EMU Coaches for ICF